The 17 Best Venues for Micro Weddings in Austin | Guide 
Enjoy our list (in no particular order) of the 17 Best Venues for Micro Weddings in Austin.
May this guide and list of the 17 best venues for micro weddings in Austin serve you in the highest ways on your wedding planning journey. 🙏🏴☠️
#1 Barr Mansion
– our favorite micro wedding venue in Austin, the elegant, eco-friendly mansion, ballroom and open-air pavilion farmstead offering indoor and outdoor socially-distanced elopement and micro wedding packages. Elopements start at $1500.
#2 The Addison Grove
– a gorgeous rustic and modern barn wedding venue with elopement and micro wedding packages to include 5 hour full property access. Indoor and outdoor options available. With a 2 hour reception for up to 20 guests you can expect your micro wedding package to cost around $3000.
#3 Pecan Springs Ranch
– our favorite ranch wedding venue offers elopement and intimate wedding services during the weekday starting at just $1500. 17 acres of Hill Country charm and uptown style with 6,000 square ft, glass walled grand hall and open-aired creekside pavilion. Indoor and outdoor options are available. Near-term weekend options are now available as well.
#4 Ma Maison
– another of our favorite venues nestled into 23 oak-covered acres of Texas’ wine country. Both indoor and outdoor ceremonies and receptions are available including their 4,000 square foot elegant grand hall. Their elopement and micro wedding packages range from $1000-$3000.
#5 Peached Social House
– sleek and modern event space for an ultra clean design to your elopement or micro wedding in Austin, just off North Lamar. Micro wedding packages start around $1500.
– an indoor & outdoor event space with modern designs, lush indoor plants, beautifully finished woods, bright accent colors, an attractive Austin skyline view, top tier open bar, tacos and amazing lighting. We love it. Micro wedding packages here start at $3000.
#7 One Eleven East
– super hip historic urban loft providing intimate wedding packages starting at around $3000. You’ll definitely enjoy your indoor ceremony in their natural light filled Skylight
#8 Justine’s Secret House
– lush New Orleans-style courtyard and opulent victorian-style house designed with micro weddings in mind. This secret micro wedding oasis is located right in the heart of Austin right off East 7th street.
#9 Sekret Theatre
– an enigmatic abandoned garden and glass conservatory keeping Austin weird since 2009. This secluded rustic bohemian venue epitomizes micro weddings in Austin. There’s even an old converted school bus lounge area.
#10 The Line Hotel
– a retro, mid-century modern styled boutique hotel with ceremony and reception areas including the salt water infinity pool, glass-walled reception room, and rooftop restaurant overlooking downtown Austin. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of being able to actually stay at the hotel.
#11 Woodbine Mansion
– enjoy the lush, immaculate grounds, gazebo, garden trellis, and grand pillared mansion of this Texas historical landmark.
#12 House on the Hill
– if you’re looking for stunning hilltop views then this Austin micro wedding venue is for you. Check out their special offers starting at $1800.
#13 Greenhouse at Driftwood
– this two story glass greenhouse filled with lush tropical plants is the perfect ceremony back-drop with inherent wedding decor. Micro wedding packages start at $1000.
#14 Hotel Saint Cecilia
– another perfect choice for Keeping Austin Weird. This hip 5 suite boutique hotel offers the desired intimate setting for your elopement or micro wedding. It’s also home to the large iconic neon SOUL sign, one of the best words we can think of to make a neon sign for.
#15 Laguna Gloria
– a lovely Mediterranean-style Villa venue offering micro wedding packages starting at $2900 for weekdays.
#16 Chapel Dulcinea
– a donation based, Spanish-styled chapel micro wedding venue perched on the edge of an ancient walking trail of the Wizard Academy campus. Wizard Academy? Yep.
#17 Pace Bend Park
– for our unique highline micro wedding package. We’ll suspend you in the middle of the air across a 100 meter cove with no experience necessary.
And if you’re considering a micro wedding then you might also be interested in an Adventure Elopement Wedding.
What is a Micro Wedding anyway?
Micro weddings are trending hard right now. They’re providing an excellent alternative for the current times. Essentially the name tells all here, they are simply put, a very small wedding. Now, very small in wedding terms could still easily be a group of 50 people. One of our favorite aspects of micro weddings is how much emphasis is placed on the couple. They naturally receive so much more attention throughout the entirety of the experience. Also, be aware that micro weddings have many names; micro wedding, small wedding, intimate wedding, minimony and elopement are the most common.
How much do Micro Weddings cost?
Micro weddings often come with a micro price, compared to traditional large weddings anyway. The great thing is that a lot of the above venues offer micro wedding packages, which are a fraction of the cost for the standard wedding. An example would be $2,000 rather than $8,000. It seems to be about 25% of the normal starting cost for most venues.
What’s great is that if you still want to ball out just with less people you can really make the experience per person a LOT better, with more extravagant foods, decorations, and accommodations.
Why should you have a Micro Wedding?
- You want a more intimate and intentional experience
- You want to spend less money
- You want to avoid larger family drama
- You want way less planning stress
- You want to invest in a higher quality vs quantity experience per person
- You want to win vs. Covid-19
- You want to enjoy a smaller wedding at a really unique place, like a mountain top!
Micro Wedding Packages
Most venues and vendors are now offering Micro Wedding Packages as part of the standard services. If they don’t have anything publicly listed be sure to inquire about it because they’ll almost always have an option available. These are essentially just a smaller version of the packaged services already available. As you can imagine these micro wedding packages are becoming increasingly popular due to Covid-19.
What Questions Should You Ask Your Micro Wedding Venue?
- What dates are available in our month?
- Will you host another event on the same day?
- How many people can the venue accommodate?
- What types of packages do you offer and what do they cost?
- Can you modify the packages?
- Do you offer elopement, intimate, or micro wedding packages?
- Can we shoot our engagement session here?
- Do you have photo gallery examples of our season?
- Can you purchase additional overtime hours decided on the day?
- How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
- What types of payment plans do you offer?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What is the reschedule policy?
- Do you offer liability insurance?
- What are your sustainability practices?
VENDORS + STAFF
- Do you have a preferred vendors list?
- Can we hire our own vendors not associated with the venue?
- Do you provide day of coordination? What does this include?
- Do you provide wedding planning services? What does this include?
- Do you provide security services?
- Is there a coat check service?
- When can our vendors begin setting up on the day? Can they start the day before?
- Do you provide help transferring wedding gifts after the reception?
FOOD + DRINKS
- Do you have an in-house caterer or preferred caterer?
- Is there a food and beverage minimum?
- Do you offer a food tasting before finalizing the menu?
- What is the tax and service charge?
- Can I hire my own caterer? Is there a kitchen available to them?
- Can we bring our own beer, wine, champagne, or liqour?
- Is there a corkage fee?
- Are you licensed to serve alcohol?
- Is there an additional charge for bar staff?
- What is the alcohol pricing? Is there a bar minimum?
- Can we bring our own cake?
- Is there a cake-cutting fee?
- Do you provide linens, tables, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware?
- Will there be coffee?! ☕️
- Do you have any alcohol related animal novelties? (i.e. drink donkeys)
- Do you have indoor and outdoor options for the ceremony and reception?
- What’s the best time of day for our ceremony to get the best photos?
- What is your weather backup plan for outdoor ceremonies and/or receptions?
- Do you offer a sound system or microphones for ceremony and/or speeches?
- Are there groom and bridal preparation areas on-site?
- If so, what kind of accommodations are there?
- Are you ceremony / reception areas climate controlled? If outside, do you have heaters?
- Do you offer the option for rehearsal dinner here?
- Do you offer morning-after mimosa brunch?
- Is there ample on-site parking?
- Is there a strong Wi-Fi? Can you live-stream a ceremony from it?
- Is there a separate designated cocktail hour space?
- Are there noise restrictions?
- How many restrooms are there?
- Do you offer overnight accomodations? If so, what do they cost?
- Is there a discount when booking multiple rooms?
- If there is not an overnight option, what are the nearest hotels?
- Is there a recycling policy?
- Is the venue handicap accessible?
RENTALS + DECOR + ENTERTAINMENT
- Do you have decor available?
- Do you have signage for guest traffic and amenities?
- Can we rearrange the existing decor elements?
- Can we bring our own decorations?
- Are there any restrictions on where we can place decor? (i.e. hanging from rafters, ceiling, etc…)
- Do you provide additional tables and/or chairs?
- Can we rent outside games, structures, or food trucks?
- Can we rent fireworks or candles?
- Can we use sparklers or confetti for our exit?
- Can we rent outdoor heaters or umbrellas?
- Can we hire live entertainment? (i.e. Magician (Wizard), acrobats, fire-spinners, etc…)
- Can the venue accommodate a live band or DJ?
Preferred Micro Wedding Vendors in Austin
Vendors are adapting to the current world climate by offering their own versions of micro wedding packages which are essentially a smaller version of their standard offerings. An example of this could be a wedding cake created for 8 instead of 100+, or floral arrangements sized appropriately for your smaller wedding space.
AUSTIN WEDDING PLANNERS
AUSTIN WEDDING & EVENT LIGHTING, DJ, RENTALS & ENTERTAINMENT
- ALTARED WEDDINGS & EVENTS
- MOONTOWER FURNITURE RENTALS
- TABLE MANNERS PLACE SETTINGS
- MONARCH EVENT RENTALS
- ARCHIVE EVENT RENTALS
AUSTIN WEDDING FLORISTS
AUSTIN WEDDING COFFEE & BARISTA
AUSTIN WEDDING CALLIGRAPHERS & DESIGN
AUSTIN WEDDING LIVE MUSIC
We’re so grateful to have worked with these Austin wedding vendors and know for sure that you’re going to love them as much as we do!
Can you photograph & film our micro wedding in Austin?
Gladly! We offer elopement and micro wedding packages from 2 hours to multi-day coverage.
How about our engagement shoot?
For sure. And here’s our guide and list of the 17 best places for engagement photo sessions in Austin.
If you found this post helpful share it with your partner or someone who you think it will benefit. Thank you. 🤠🙏🏴☠️
What a great list for the Austin area! Also great list of questions to be aware of!
What a great + detailed list of Micro Wedding locations in Austin! SO many great venues – you make it a lot easier to sort through some of that vital information and see what is best for each person’s specific needs. Very well organized! Love this!
What a great list of micro wedding venues for the Austin, TX area! I also like that venue pricing and your preferred vendors are listed as well, a one stop-shop for everything you need to plan your wedding!
What a great and comprehensive guide for those looking for a micro-wedding venue in Austin!
This is a well thought out list of venues in Austin–definitely something that could come in handy for people planning a wedding.
Such a great list of venues in Austin that host micro weddings! I know couples will find it super helpful!
Gah…..have you thought of Jester King Brewery and the venue right next to it? Love love sours…and that would be an epic place to elope! Great list!
I would love to visit Austin someday! It looks like such a fun city for a micro wedding!!
I knew I needed to visit Austin before reading this post, but now I MUST visit Austin! Thanks for showing us why this is one of the most epic places to elope!