The sustainable, eco friendly, organic Barr Mansion, Ballroom, & Farmstead is the best wedding venue in Austin.
Barr Mansion is clearly our pick for the best wedding venue in Austin because of it’s efforts to provide a green solution to events venues. It really sets the standards for all others. We basically shoot exclusively at this venue and no where else.
This is made obvious if you’ve read any of our other venue related posts.
There is just something truly magical about this particular venue, and its family. It represents so much more than just an events venue with pretty things for pretty celebrations.
To be committed to an organic and sustainable way of life is the highest path one can take.
Our purpose in life is to support systems such as this. To support a way of living symbiotically. To create relationships with the world around us that harmonizes with growth, and not decay.
You’re guaranteed to feel good when booking your wedding here, knowing that you’re supporting a high cause.
On the deepest levels your soul will thank you, and this will shine through in your photos and videos.
The Barr Mansion, glass-walled ivy-overgrown ballroom, open-air pavilion farmstead, and grand lawn make it an easy choice with so many high-end rustic modern options for your indoor or outdoor ceremony and reception.
There will also be plenty of room for bridal and groom preparations.
With a full farm-to-table kitchen on-site you’ll enjoy a tailored organic menu specific to your tastes and fancy.
You’ll also enjoy top tier wedding coordination thanks to two of the best pros in the business, Margaret and Molly.
You can feel confident booking here year around, there’s a stunning aesthetic for everyone.
Weekend wedding packages start at $7,200 and elopements at $1500.
BEST AUSTIN WEDDING VENUE HIGHLIGHTS
- visionary owner
- family-like staff full of that southern hospitality
- woman-owned business
- ivy overgrown ballroom with full 40 ft. glass wall
- open-air pavilion farmstead
- century old victorian mansion
- beautiful grand lawn
- bridal suite for single-location convenience
- indoor & outdoor ceremony & reception spaces
- epic pecan tree centered in the property
- farm-to-table full menu organic gourmet kitchen
- first certified organic events venue in the country
- resident bees & beekeeper
- zero waste focused – 97% diverted waste from landfill
- electricity sourced from 80 solar panels
- 100% food waste composted to fertilize gardens
- 10,000 gallon pond & 40,000 gallon rain water collection tank to supplement irrigation
- ample on-site parking
- wireless internet
- mysterious mystical Barr Mansion Buddha statue
- 17 minutes from downtown Austin
- All Third Eye Couples booking their wedding or elopement at Barr Mansion will receive $1000 OFF our packages. Just be sure to mention Barr Mansion as your venue when you fill out our contact form.
TIMELINE AND BOOKING INFO
Our recommended outdoor ceremony time from March 17th to September 17th is 6:00PM. This is based on the sun’s position in the sky in relation to the buildings, tree line, and the direction you and your partner will be looking during the ceremony. A 6:00PM ceremony will grant you a beautiful glow and shadows in the best position.
With such beautiful indoor and outdoor ceremony options, this top Austin wedding venue offers 4 season perfection. Feel confident to book with Barr Mansion anytime during the day and year. You and your photo video heirlooms are going to look their best.
How much is a full wedding at Barr Mansion?
- ~$7000-$25000 depending on time of year, day, week, guest count and package desired
MICRO WEDDINGS AND ELOPEMENTS
Barr Mansion meets the demands of todays world climate by offering micro wedding and elopement packages. There are ample socially-distanced options available for your intimate ceremony and celebration. Packages start at $1500.
WHAT QUESTIONS SHOULD YOU ASK YOUR WEDDING VENUE?
- What dates are available in our month?
- Will you host another event on the same day?
- How many people can the venue accommodate?
- What types of packages do you offer and what do they cost?
- Can you modify the packages?
- Do you offer elopement, intimate, or micro wedding packages?
- Can we shoot our engagement session here?
- Do you have photo gallery examples of our season?
- Can you purchase additional overtime hours decided on the day?
- How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
- What types of payment plans do you offer?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What is the reschedule policy?
- Do you offer liability insurance?
- What are your sustainability practices?
VENDORS + STAFF
- Do you have a preferred vendors list?
- Can we hire our own vendors not associated with the venue?
- Do you provide day of coordination? What does this include?
- Do you provide wedding planning services? What does this include?
- Do you provide security services?
- Is there a coat check service?
- When can our vendors begin setting up on the day? Can they start the day before?
- Do you provide help transferring wedding gifts after the reception?
FOOD + DRINKS
- Do you have an in-house caterer or preferred caterer?
- Is there a food and beverage minimum?
- Do you offer a food tasting before finalizing the menu?
- What is the tax and service charge?
- Can I hire my own caterer? Is there a kitchen available to them?
- Can we bring our own beer, wine, champagne, or liqour?
- Is there a corkage fee?
- Are you licensed to serve alcohol?
- Is there an additional charge for bar staff?
- What is the alcohol pricing? Is there a bar minimum?
- Can we bring our own cake?
- Is there a cake-cutting fee?
- Do you provide linens, tables, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware?
- Will there be coffee?! ☕️
- Do you have any alcohol related animal novelties? (i.e. drink donkeys)
- Do you have indoor and outdoor options for the ceremony and reception?
- What’s the best time of day for our ceremony to get the best photos?
- What is your weather backup plan for outdoor ceremonies and/or receptions?
- Do you offer a sound system or microphones for ceremony and/or speeches?
- Are there groom and bridal preparation areas on-site?
- If so, what kind of accommodations are there?
- Are you ceremony / reception areas climate controlled? If outside, do you have heaters?
- Do you offer the option for rehearsal dinner here?
- Do you offer morning-after mimosa brunch?
- Is there ample on-site parking?
- Is there a strong Wi-Fi? Can you live-stream a ceremony from it?
- Is there a separate designated cocktail hour space?
- Are there noise restrictions?
- How many restrooms are there?
- Do you offer overnight accomodations? If so, what do they cost?
- Is there a discount when booking multiple rooms?
- If there is not an overnight option, what are the nearest hotels?
- Is there a recycling policy?
- Is the venue handicap accessible?
RENTALS + DECOR + ENTERTAINMENT
- Do you have decor available?
- Do you have signage for guest traffic and amenities?
- Can we rearrange the existing decor elements?
- Can we bring our own decorations?
- Are there any restrictions on where we can place decor? (i.e. hanging from rafters, ceiling, etc…)
- Do you provide additional tables and/or chairs?
- Can we rent outside games, structures, or food trucks?
- Can we rent fireworks or candles?
- Can we use sparklers or confetti for our exit?
- Can we rent outdoor heaters or umbrellas?
- Can we hire live entertainment? (i.e. Magician (Wizard), acrobats, fire-spinners, etc…)
- Can the venue accommodate a live band or DJ?
OUR PREFERRED VENDORS WITH BARR MANSION
We’ve recently worked closely with many of Austin’s top wedding vendors and highly recommend the following:
Austin Wedding Planners
Austin Wedding & Event Lighting, DJ, Rentals & Entertainment
- ALTARED WEDDINGS & EVENTS
- MOONTOWER FURNITURE RENTALS
- TABLE MANNERS PLACE SETTINGS
- MONARCH EVENT RENTALS
- ARCHIVE EVENT RENTALS
Austin Wedding Florists
Austin Wedding Coffee & Barista
Austin Wedding Calligraphers & Design
Austin Wedding Live Music
If you’ve been searching for the best wedding venue in Austin and full team of top-tier wedding vendors that resonate with your highest values and epitomize a harmonious way of life, congratulations, you have arrived.
Barr Mansion Reviews
4.7/5 rated with 135 reviews on The Knot
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Recent review on The Knot – “No lie, we searched nearly every venue in Austin (and surrounding area) but once we saw Barr Mansion, we knew we’d found our location. Planning was easy and fun with Barr. The staff is great. The venue has SO MANY options to make your day perfect. Our guests told us all night how it was the most beautiful wedding venue. It didn’t feel like the thing you tell the couple… they went out of their way to compliment Barr (venue vibes and food). On our actual wedding day, everything went off flawlessly. Getting married under the tree was magical, the food was delicious, and service provided was beyond anything we could have expected. I would highly highly recommend Barr Mansion. 10/10. 🙌 “
-Ryan B. 12/18/20
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Recent review on The Knot – “Despite a very challenging time, the staff at Barr Mansion blew our socks off! We had to change our daughter’s wedding from a wedding/dinner/dance affair for about 150 people to a 10-person maximum ceremony, and the staff was there to hold our hands the whole way. Although the ceremony was small, the staff made sure we had everything we needed – including a coconut chai tea that was fabulous – to make the day memorable. We were delighted with everything that happened that day, and we are especially grateful to those at Barr Mansion for making their part of the day go off without a hitch. We are excited about returning there next year for the reception – we know it will be wonderful!!!”
-Karen N. 7/17/20
ADDRESS & CONTACT INFO
10463 Sprinkle Road, Austin, TX 78754